Who would have thought, 90 years later that, the dream of an ambitious industrialist and businessman, Alexandre Lamblin, would still be standing?
Most likely Raymond Jamin, a young engineer who designed the plans, and allowed its achievement in just six months.
And since then, 2 548,24 metres and 788 400 hours later, the banking of the plateau of Saint-Eutrope is still standing. It did not decide to give up or succumb to the wildest rumors that have surrounded its history; it overcame all its bankruptcies, defeated a war and survived all the other autodromes in Europe, being the last in its original state.
Records were the Heyday of the Linas-Montlhéry Autodrome. Dozens, hundreds and even thousands of records, helped the Essonne track to set itself as a world reference, together with Brooklands and Monza which were built a few years earlier.
This period was also an auspicious time to welcome renowned car races such as the ACF Grand Prix. But it must not be forgotten that the French (and later international) automotive industries have often made their very first runs on these tracks and in the world-known technical laboratories
Despite the many events, the costly maintenance of the infrastructure then the black period of WW II led the track into the painful path of bankruptcy, before it was taken over by the State and then run since 1946 by the UTAC. From this period, the UTAC has been modernizing and building new facilities, creating new laboratories and organizing races again.
As technical means develop, racing starts again and records continue to be confirmed . Races will take place until 2004.
In 2008 at the request of the new management, the UTAC created a new event Department and organized leisure events. Today and 788 400 hours after its inauguration, the pioneers’ passion for cars is still there, rooted in history but also looking to the future.
That is why the UTAC continues to make it evolve in respect of its past.
Since 2008 therefore, leisure events cohabit with ease with trades linked with technical development and certification of all types of vehicles. It is one of the lines of development of the UTAC to better prepare for the years to come . And it is also in 2008 that the UTAC bought the CERAM Mortefontaine to be as well-prepared as possible for the years to come. Four years later, UTAC and CERAM Mortefontaine built a stronger and coherent group. In 2012, the construction of a legal structure integrating the two sites took form, to give birth to the UTAC CERAM Group. Born in 2012, the Paris Auto Events brand therefore naturally fitted in a subsidiary society of the group dedicated to events and driver training : Event & Formation. Since then, event activities of Linas-Montlhéry and Mortefontaine sites have been grouped, and supplemented by driver training, with the EFCAM that previously existed independently on the site of Mortefontaine.
History goes on...
The team puts the emphasis on the continuity of actions which have been undertaken since 2008, with the ambition to keep these mythical places alive with a passion and common expertise for mobility. Driving, riding, but also cycling and running have their place in a packed program, as well as marque events, shows or driver training. A sign of this strong and ambitious long run will, the construction of a reception building in the heart of the ring of the Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry ring began mid-2012. Named "1924" and inaugurated in 2014, "1924" perpetuates the unique atmosphere that radiates from the heart of the banking of the Autodrome, thanks to a strong architectural gesture which respects the existing buildings
The event space of the Linas-Montlhéry Autodrome is located in the middle of of the ring . The "1924" pavilion is located at the center of gravity of the existing clearing. There's no particular landscaping . The existing forest creates the background for the building which is all it needs to fit in the landscape. Its 35.60 m diameter offers a continuous façade which permits the discovery of the site through a perforated aluminum mesh, in reference to its history. This outdoor promenade stands 8 m above the ground. Its height does not exceed that of the surrounding constructions.
A wide attic terrace which provides views of the whole site will be the place for festive events linked to the Speedway. At night, beacons will lead from the access road to the courtyard. The Pavilion will thus appear as a luminous lantern.
This space goes together with the managers’ desire to develop the event offer by welcoming guests into a place which is both full of history and modernity.